1 Peter 3:18

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, (1 Peter 3:18 ESV)

What is God saying through Peter in this verse? In this verse God is painting a picture for all of us to see.  Some are easier then other to see and others you have to look deeper.
-How mighty is Jesus Christ? 
-What is the deeper meaning of "that he might bring us to God"?
-What does it mean "being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit"?
When Peter says "For Christ also suffered once for sins". This does mean every couple of years or every couple thousand years no! This means Jesus Christ is so mighty that he does it once.  This makes me think of the company's logo that I work for and it says "Do it right the first time". This is what Christ who is all God and all man did for us and our sins! This should not surprise to us that he could do it once. Every time I read this I get this picture of Christ holding the world's sin on his back and not breaking a sweat!  We are talking about Jesus the one who walked on water and feed 5,000 men plus women and children with five loafs of bread and two small fish! I sit back from time to time and try to think how mighty Jesus Christ is and I can't.  Mighty does not even do him justices! So when you feel your self start to think negative about something going on in your life. I fall in this as well my brothers and sisters. Take a step back and ask your self have you gave it to Jesus Christ?

That brings us to this part of the verse "that he might bring us to God".  So if you don't know me I love the Dallas Cowboys. I have been watching them since I was little. I am married to the woman of my dreams! (Men yes I was trying to get big brownie points!) Are these two kinds of love the same? No the love that I have for the Dallas Cowboys isn't the Deep love I have for my Wife. This part of the verse Jesus was opening that door for us. Think about this before Jesus came down to take our sins away from us.  They loved God like I love Dallas Cowboys, but it was lacking that one on one love like I give my Wife. Now we can have that one on one love relationship that is personal  with you and the Father. We can love God deeper because Jesus took away our sins. If you haven't thank Jesus for doing that you should and Thank God for sending his only Son to give us the chance to love him like that!
The last part of the verse "being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit". What does this mean? We are all sins from the minute we are born! Our flesh is sin and will kill us. I did not grow up in the church so this at first it was a little hard for me to pick up and understand. If you already got it good job, but this took me a few years to truly understand this. I always got suck on "being put to death in the flesh", but know it is crystal clear.  When you give up your old life and accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior he takes that sin/flesh that you were born with and throws it in the trash.  Now you are born again clean and your sin won't keep you from having eternal life with the Father.  My life has changed in a big way.  I am no longer wondering in the dark with no way out.  I have the true Light that will never leave me.

If you haven't accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Brother and Sisters Jesus is waiting with open arms and ready to take your sins away and give you eternal life in Heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matthew 22:37

3 in 1