Matthew 22:37

On 09-13-11 after watching God put on my heart to read Matthew 22:37. Then he just put the words and my head as I wrote.  It was amazing to feel God working through me like that!

"Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" (Matthew 22:36 ESV)

And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. (Matthew 22:37 ESV)

What is Jesus telling us here. Pharisees are asking what is the great commandment. Jesus the son of God who is one in the same tells the Jews. To love the Lord God with all of our heart! This is something that all of us have a hard time doing. Are hearts get stuck in the world because we don't put our armor when we wake. Most mornings I don't think at all of seeking Gods love. I think more about getting a few more minutes to sleep then rush out the door. The world moves so fast and we are trying to keep up. That is when the world has us in it's grip! Most of our time in the day is used at work or sleeping. The other parts we in joy are families and want to relax. And what do you know the world is waiting for you. I am not saying TV, Internet, and video games are bad, but we tend to let them eat up the rest of our minutes and hours. I am one to speak I do this and said to say more then I should. Our hearts are not craving the world. They are craving the Lord our God. This craving needs to be feed right and being in the word of God is what it wants. We just let other things take that time, but   why did Jesus not just stop there! He also said "and with all your soul and with all your mind." As you all know there is father, the son, and the holy sprit. Three in one and the answer Jesus gave the Pharisees there are three parts, but they all have to do with us. You can't just love God with one.... well you could, but to truly feel the love God wants to give us you must love him with all three!

I spoke about your heart being the time in a day and how we lose our time to the world, but to feed your soul you must do these things.
Study the word of God.
Have fellowship with other believers.
Last prayer

Three things to loving God with your soul.

The last part of loving God and this is what Jesus said "with all your mind". What is it that you put all your thought in? Me I am a gamer and when I buy a game that is all I think about. I am at work working and I am thinking of it. Where is my mind at? Not God I am thinking all day about a game! As I great older it gets a little easier, but my mind is filled with the world not God. When I am at work I would turn on some rap and man my hole attitude would be crappy. My Mother-n-law was at some Christian event and heard these guys rapping about Christ so she bought me their CD. That got me thinking about Christian rap. Well it has been a few years now and I found some Christian rappers on YouTube! Man what can I say they rock out for Christ. I listen to them at work and my hole attitude has changed because I am hearing clean lyrics and not the trash from the other rap. I can tell when God is speaking though a song because the lyrics and listen deeply to them gives me goosebumps that reach my soul. All three of these a lone are good,but together they let you feel the true love of God. So I challenge you and I will do the same to look at what is keeping you from doing what Jesus told us in the great commandment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Peter 3:18

3 in 1